Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Which car?

Up until that fateful Easter of 2003, I had been a relatively picky car enthusiast and was driving an Audi at the time. 
However, time spent in the SS left an impression that wasn't leaving in a hurry. So with the runout deals going on, we looked at the HSV Clubsport. My original budget was $50k, and there were base model Clubsports being advertised at $54k. The first test drive didn't go so well, with the boy complaining heaps about the smell (plastics and exhaust burning in). But once the salesman showed me the Bimodal exhaust party trick, I knew I wanted the 25th anniversary R8 model which had it standard. 

I had already advertised the Mondy for sale online, but once we signed, I knew I had to make a serious effort to sell it.

Who knew dealerships were so reluctant to allow buyers to pickup their cars on the weekend? I met more resistance than expected which I thought very strange. The only significant disappointment was the blatant failure of the tyre pressure monitoring system. 

I was very disappointed they had supposedly done their predelivery checks and gave me a car with faulty TPM sensors. 



As a result of this failure, the dealer let a lot of air out of the tyre when I picked it up. I only saw this when I got home. 

I notified the sales manager, so if there are future issues with the sidewall, they will need to sort it out. 

No comments:

More car news